Would you guys believe me if I told you this whole table setting was under $100? Well, spoiler alert… it was! Let me start off by saying, I simply adore entertaining. You know, coming up with a delicious menu, creating a fun guest list, deciding on a theme with a tablescape to match. I even enjoy cleaning the house before a party! The problem is, all those dinner parties can rack up quite a bill and you never want to skimp on your guests!
That’s why I’m sharing this little secret with you… you don’t have to take out another mortgage to set your table. You simply just need to know where to find style on a dime and get creative. Here are some of my favorite places to catch a steal before I entertain:
- Christmas Tree Shops- get your linens here, colorful plates and even basic white serving dishes and displays as most stuff is under $20
- Walmart- seriously, they have an array of flatware in different colors and motifs for a fraction of the price
- Homegoods & TJMaxx- designer goods on sale, this is where I find my Kate Spade placemats and Ralph Lauren vases
- Target- a huge selection of classic, well-made serving ware that you’ll use for every party
- Habitat for Humanity- I always stop by local thrift store for unique vases and mis-matched sets of glasses that add character to a table
Do you have any places that you shop for budget finds when entertaining?