Filed In: DIY
Have you sent out your holiday cards yet or started to receive them? Well, today on A Blissful Nest I’m sharing this easy DIY card holder. Pop on over and check it out. Let me know what you think!
Just wanted to let you guys know I’m sharing this super fun and easy DIY Halloween hostess gift on A Blissful Nest today. I’m one of their holiday contributors so throughout the season I’ll be occasionally posting there. Click here to learn how to make this and check out Rebekah’s blog.
I don’t know about you but I’m kind of addicted to watching The Bachelorette (and Bachelor). This season I have a major #girlcrush on JoJo and need to know who her colorist is. If you know, hook a girl up! Well in honor of the final rose ceremony I thought I’d throw a girls night in rosé viewing party and it’s super easy for you to duplicate!
First things first, you need rosé because whats a rosé party without any rosé? I suggest getting at least 3 different bottles so you can sample and rate… kinda like they do with the guys on the show. Of course you’ll need some cute glasses to hold your drink and these “yes way rosé” glasses by Smitten Monogram are too cute. They are the perfect size and you can order them in just about any color. The flower of choice for the night? Roses. They make or break every relationship on the show. No girls night in is complete without nail polish or some sort of DIY beauty treatment for you to mindlessly take part in as you gossip.
As for the details, I made watercolor signs which I put out on the bar cart with phrases like “will you accept this rosé” and “rosé all day”. I also used watercolors to make a rosé rating/notes sheet for the tasting. Not only did these watercolor details add a feminine touch but were also so easy and actually cathartic. I swear watercolors are the new adult color books.
So who do you think will be JoJo’s happily ever after and who will be the next Bachelor?
Are you ready for the quickest party favor DIY ever? Of course, you are! I was in Homegoods the other day in the mile long maze that they call a line. You know, the one where they conveniently have all the knick- knacks and random notepads that you don’t really need but after waiting ten minutes next to it then somehow it ends up in your cart? Every time.
Well they had little jars filled with colorful seasonal candy and it got me thinking that it would make such a cute and easy party favor.
- Mason jar with lid
- Seasonal candy or treats (I think popcorn or granola would be great too!)
- Open your mason jar
- Fill it up to the brim with your candy or treats
- Twist your lid on and tie with a festive ribbon. You could even add a gift tag with their name if you’re feeling fancy.
Take that Homegoods!
A piece of my fiesta party décor was the faux cactus piñatas I made. They were incredibly easy to make but VERY time consuming. These little guys received a lot of compliments and some people even thought I bought them from a store so I figured I’d share the DIY steps with you.
- 2 toilet paper rolls or 1 wrapping paper roll
- Green tissue paper
Red, purple, pink or yellow tissue paper *optional for flower
- Hot glue gun
- Turn on a mindless Netflix movie… you’ll thank me when you’re on hour 3 of cutting tissue paper.
- Cut about an inch off of one of the toilet paper rolls
- Now take the piece you just cut and cut it again so that it no longer is in the shape of a circle
- Using the cut piece roll back together but slightly thinner in width (this will be your cactus’ branch). You may want to cut a little more off so that the overlap isn’t too much. Once you have to your liking glue back together so that it will not move apart.
- Take the cut piece and hot glue to the uncut toilet paper roll about 1 inch up from the bottom
- Cut a small square (about 2×2”) of tissue paper and hot glue the tissue paper to the top of your toilet paper cactus
- Cut 1 inch tall strips of tissue paper about 4 inches long (you’ll need a lot of these so just keep cutting)
- Now comes the fun part…. cut slits halfway up and spaced about a quarter of an inch apart on each piece of tissue paper
- Wrap the strips around the toilet paper and hot glue them on the top
- Keep doing so as you slightly layer piece over piece. Do this all the way to the top and on your branch as well
- If you’d like a flower on your cactus cut a 2×2” square piece of colored tissue paper and scrunch into a ball then hot glue where your branch meets the trunk of your cactus
A party favor all my birthday guests received was a wine charm with a Barbie shoe that I made. It was a quick, easy, cheap and ended up being a super cute detail! Here’s how I made them:
- Put about 6-12 beads on each ring (about halfway around the ring)
- Take the Barbie shoe and using your screwdriver put a small hole in the back heel of the shoe. I suggest using a screwdriver because a needle and thumbtack were not strong enough when I tried using them.
- Place the shoe on the ring and continue beading the other half of the ring
See I told you it was easy!